Downhill Mountain Bike Tour to Lares Valley in a Private group with English speaking guide 2D/1N
2D/1N Technical Mountain Bike Tour Adventures Rides
Price Per person: ( Students with green ISIC Cards , will get special discount of US$ 15 Less )
2 to 3
4 to 6
7 to 9
10 to 15
13 to 15
US$ 270 P.P
US$ 230 P.P
US$ 210 P.P
US$ 180 P.P
US$ 150 P.P
Advice for Bikers.- This downhill bike from Lares Valle demands to have experienced riding along the single track . Needs also good physical to follow the single track and winter clothes, bikers require good acclimatization over 3500m to develop this amusing tour. One day before all the bikers will have meeting with mountain bike guide into our office or in your Hotel , who will give a briefing about this bike trip and also you can check the quality of bikes and gear will be used on this trip..
Lares Andean Valley. - Includes the most remote village in the middle of surrounded mountains and pure nature and wildlife .Lares remote community is considerate pure artesian people where is possible to find one of the finest wearing typical homespun clothes and amount of Llamas and Alpacas (South American Camelids) South Adventure Peru Tours,offer this new alternative mountain bike as down hill ride style from the highest mountain passes to Lares Valley and to the Sacred Valley of the Incas. For Mountain Bike lover includes riding along dirt road or fallowing ancient Inca Trail (Single Track) recommended for experienced bikers who want to enjoy on of the best Downhill Bike tour in Cusco region.
Description.- Fabulous downhill’s, various kilometers along a rarely used Inca Trail, relaxing thermal baths, and an unforgettable night under the stars, are some of the things we will enjoy on this two day trip, which leads us to join an ancient road between two important valleys in the Cusco area..
Day01: Cusco – Pisac – Calca - Lares. Our bike tour to Lares Valley begins with pick up from the Hotel in Cusco or from the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will take our private transportation where our Mountain Bike in special design racks. The journey is towards the Lares Mountain between Cusco and the Lares Valley (4470m / 14665f) on this travel we will pass through remote scenery and taking 3 hours trip to the highest point on the way. Before begin the downhill ride style our tour guide will provide you the safe talking about the bike gear / components and how to ride on the single track. We start cycling at this point, through a purely downhill train and for approximately 26KM. We will stop on the way down to have lunch at Pampa Corral (small community) after country Lunch we will continue riding downhill to enter to the Andean little town as named Lares ( 4400m ) in Lares we will stay in little familiar accommodation or we can make camping next of the town or closer to the Hot Springs where we will be able to enjoy a relaxing bath, If the time permits we can visit some families who are dedicated to weaving handicraft using the fiber of the South American came lids ( Lunch ,Dinner & Accommodation ).
- Max. Elevation : 4470m / 14665f
- Min. Elevation : 3200m / 10500f
- Difficult level : 3
- Average riding distance: 35km
- Estimated riding time : 4 hours
Day02: Lares Valley – Totora pass –Calca (Sacred Valley) Cusco. At 7:00 am we will be energetic country breakfast and then we will leave in our private transport to the Lares pass again, from where we will cycle again (Sacred Valley of the Incas) This one is one of the best downhill on this part of this amusing bike tour though impressive mountain range of the Cordillera of the Andes. On this nice downhill the bikers can choose the unpaved or the single track as known Inca Trail on this part of the Andes, we will descend 1640m of full adrenaline on two wheels. Along the way down we will pass crazing lands and small country villages with local .
farmers being very curious seeing the biker lovers
This constitutes a very interesting experience as one witnesses the marked environmental change and ecological variations. Geographical and microclimatic transformation takes place in rapid successions. The high and midlands very soon give way to greener, warmer and densely forested surroundings. While all this is going on, our support vehicle is constantly with us. Which means that one can decide how much, how long and when or not to bike.
We will make short stop to have lunch in Totora in the middle of pure nature, the last part of downhill mountain biking tour will be in Calca (Sacred Valley of the Incas) It time permits we can continue cycling along the paved road to Pisac and then aboard our private transport to the Hotel in Cusco.
- Max. Elevation : 4470m / 14665f
- Min. Elevation : 2960m / 9710f
- Difficult level : 3-4
- Average riding distance: 20km
- Estimated riding time : 4 hours
- Estimated riding time : From December to April.
- Estimated riding time : After rain season (April to September) the mountains are completely covered with snow and the slops are cover with new vegetation making nicer for pictures.
- Briefing , night before of your trip in your Hotel by your tour guide
- Private supporting vehicle (Private VIP Service only)
- Highly qualified English / Spanish speaking professional tourist guide
- Mountain bikes in good maintenance (full disc brake)
- Helmet and comfortable for your head
- Warm Gloves
- Bottle of oxygen and first aid kit for all participants and our cam staff.
- Food and accommodation for our camp staff (guide and driver)
- South Adventure Peru Tours give (Private VIP Service only)
- Biking tour price includes government sales tax (19% as known IGV )
- Private transport for the ROUND TRIP.
- Constant private vehicle support during the bike ride
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks
- One sleeping pad per person
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Mechanic / Assistant guide (for groups of at least 3 people)
- Meals listed in the itinerary
- Chef and cooking equipment
- Breakfast on the first day
- Dinner on the last day
- Soft and Alcoholic drinks
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Cycling Choes
- Entrance to the hot springs in Lares
- Small back pack with a change of clothes for the whole period of the program
- Rain jacket or poncho (December - April)
- Tenis shoes
- One complete change of clothing
- Bottel of wáter
- Flash light and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent minimum recommended 20% DEET – no malaria risk has been reported
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra Money (soles)
- Comfortable clothing
- Daypack to carry your personal belongings
- Strong footwear (biking shoes, trekking boots or sport shoes)
- Sandals or jogging shoes for a higher comfort while at camp
- Warm clothes for the night
- Light jacket for wind and occasional rain during the biking
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight and batteries
- After-sun cream or hydrating cream for face and body
- Toilet paper
- Non-disposable water canteen. We provide you with fresh water in order to avoid using plastic bottles
- Snacks: biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc. Please note that we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. This recommendation applies for all clients being used to a specific snack, as it may happen that it is not included in our selection