2D/1N Horseback Riding in the Colca Canyon Arequipa
Private VIP Service cost :
People $ 420 per person // 3-4 People $400 per person // 5 to more People $380 per person
Day 1: Arequipa - Pampas Cañahuas Reserve - Patapampa - Chivay- Yanque - Lary – Pinchollo. At 6am (Private VIP Service) or 8am (Shared Van) pick up form the hotel and directly transfer to the Colca canyon by our private van or public (according your request) driving on the left side of Chachani Mountain (6070m) continue going up to 4400m, is a Natural Reserve of Salinas and Aguada Blanca, is the nature habitat for the Vicuñas, one of South American camelidos, groups of Llamas, Alpacas, small lagoons (Bofedales), highlands views (Pata Pampa 4850m), snow caps and volcanoes, will stop every place to get short break getting pictures from all each place you like.At 10am we will arrive to Yanque town, located over 3450m there you will meet the horses and the guide will give some instructions about the horse and rider them. Start our horseback riding tour in the second deepest canyon in the world. We ride on the right bank of the Colca River, continue through remote villages, colonial churches, and mountainous range and nice country. After three hours we will arrive to Lary (3200m) and stop to have lunch (plenty snack). Lari is the one of the last town located on the right bank of the Colca River. Continue downhill riding to the bottom of the canyon crossing little bridge over the windy river, from there will be 2 hours of uphill ride along the quiet road to Pinchollo (3500m).The backpacker service includes staying in basic local accommodation in town with private bath and sometimes hot shower. The Private VIP Service includes camping next of the town with spectacular view of the mountains and the canyon. The camping includes all the camping gear as 4 season tents, inflate mattresses, sleeping bags (-5ºC), dining tent, table and camp chairs.South Adventure Peru Tours guides recommend doing camping under starry sky (L - D).
Day 2: Pichollo – Condor Cross Viewpoint-Chivay Hot Springs-Arequipa.-Today you will walk up at 5:30am to have country breakfast and then continue riding along the countryside of Pinchollo, the landscape offer spectacular view of the savage geography of the most popular tourist destination in Arequipa region.The ride takes around two hours to from Pinchollo to the Condor cross viewpoint, this point offer amazing view of the second deepest canyon in the world. The magnificent of the Andean bird flying dominating the wins of the Peruvian Andes makes real experience your visit to this part of Peru. The riders will get plenty time for pictures of this place and the Condors and then aboard the private or shared transport to Chivay to have buffet lunch.If time permit we will include a short visit to the thermal pools of La Calera, located 5 minutes driving from Chivay.
Around 2pm we will drive back to the hotel in Arequipa and end of service (B – L - D).Important Note: We strongly recommend to book with private van (Private VIP Service) to have more time and the program could be more flexible and you can enjoying much more each place of the canyon.If you book a backpacker service (Join a group/van) the service will be limited to the request of the group.
The tour Includes:
- Official English-Speaking guide
- Shared tourist van service (BackPacker Service)
- Private 4WD (Private VIP Service only - Rec)
- Entrance to the park and hot spring pools
- All the foods (1 breakfast - 2 lunches - 1 dinner)
- 5 - 6 hours riding on the first day, on second day will be around 2 or 4 hours of riding
- Peruvian paso horses and saddles
- Horseman to help you with horses
- All food and accommodation for our camp staff
- Food and place to stay for the horses
- Camping gear - Four season tents - mattresses and sleeping bag (Private VIP Service only) - Hot water facility to wash your face, hands and feet.
- Local familiar accommodation without bath and hot shower (Backpacker Service only).
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit for participants and our camp staff
- Map of the Colca canyon
- Tour price includes government sales tax (19% as known IGV)
- Alcoholic and soda drinks
- Breakfast on the first day
- Hotel in Arequipa
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Hotel in Arequipa
- International and internal flight tickets
- Day backpack if you take private VIP service, you can put your staff in the supporting vehicle
- Rain jacket or poncho (December - April)
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- One complete change of clothing only on the raining season
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Bottle of water (Backpacker service)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Extra money (soles) for tiping or to buy some souvenirs
2.-We strongly recommend taking the private VIP service and you will receive the supporting of the vehicle in case you don't want to ride any more
3.-Private VIP service is recommended because the program on the first and last day will be more flexible according your request,Backpacker service is join a group of tourist on the first and last day, you will have limits to stop or to fellow your request To participate on this tour we suggest having little experience riding long time (5-6 hours)
4.-The horses are great and well cared and they are very quiet and peaceful and friendly animals.