Half day Tour of Uros in Puno “Daily departure”
Cost of trip per person US$ 30.00 with English speaking GUIDE ( From:9 am ot 4:00 pm )
At 9am or 4:00pm , you will be picked up from your hotel. Travel and after 2 hours by motor boat and then you will arrive at the Uros Island. Fishermen and hunters inhabit the floating islands of the Uros. The residents of the Uros use the cattail, a type of rush, which grows in the lake, to create the conditions that ensure the islands stay afloat. The dense roots that the plants develop support the island. The roofs are waterproof and the houses are extremely humid because of the surrounding water. At present they speak Quechua and Aymara.
The Uros islands are floating islands made out of reed in the bay of Puno. On the islands live indians who try to sell their handicrafts. Their children go to school on the islands and there is also a medical post.
In the afternoon , you will return to Puno about 12:45 pm and end of your half day tour , if you do not have time to do during the morning , you can start at 4:00pm until 6:00pm.
Departures: 09.00A.M. and 4.00 P.M
- Transfer from hotel to the port and aboard the speed boat
- Official English-Speaking guide
- Touristic motor boat (15 - 20 - 28 capacities)
- Safe jacket
- Entrance fees to Titicaca National Reserve
- Tour price includes government sales tax (19% as known IGV)
- Breakfast on the first day
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- Lunch and Drinks in the Island.
Note:The Uros Islands in Lake Titicaca are made of piles of reeds. The Uros people still practice traditional crafts; living and fishing on the lake. Tourists are only really welcomed on a couple of islands, where islanders adopt a fairly "hard sell" approach, offering their handicrafts. Visitors also have to be careful that they don't stand still in one place for too long - to avoid slipping through the reeds"
What you need to Bring / Carry:
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Water bottle
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- You also need to bring your original passport on the tripl