3D/2N full trekking Colca Canyon-Classic Trekking in the Colca Canion Since US$ 195.0
Price per person: U$195 / Single supplement US$15 per night
The Collahuas and Cabanas World 3 Days / 2 Nights
Colca canyon is the second deepest canyon in our planet, double deep Grand Canyon of United States. Is located in the middle of two highest volcanoes as Coropuna (6450m) and Ampato (6380m), this canyon is most famous place to visit by the tourist from everywhere in world, wonderful area to see the rich cultural remains, comes from 1400 years ago, immense varieties of flora and fauna, snow ranges, green valleys, old and colony town, mighty rivers crossing the Andes, thousand of pre Inca terraces, friendly and charm settlers live in this part of Peru. Here is our field work arranging everything what we mentioned before, we are happy showing to the visitors every place and old costumes lazy by our old cultures. We have traditional tours and new alternatives to explorer an extra mile in this great canyon.
Day01: Arequipa – Condor Cross LookOut - San Juan de Chucho.-At 6am pick-up at hotel in Arequipa, orientation about our trek and journey of 6 hours to Colca Canyon - Cabanaconde village...
At 11am brief stop at the Condor Cross - Tapay viewpoint (3600m). Lunch at Cabanaconde (3280m), located in the left rim of the Canyon. Start trekking in the Colca Canyon descending 4 hours to the Colca River (216m), a difference of 1200m. We will cross to the other side of the Canyon and ascend to our family cabins or camping place...
At 4pm arrival to the lodge and short walk to the San Juan de Chuccho village (2300m). Get together with the children and locals from this valley, participation in agricultural and other activities. Lunch + Dinner and Family Lodge or Camping.
Day02: San Juan de Chuccho – Sangalle Oasis.-At 7am continental country breakfast and begin long ascent to our next village called Tapay (3000m). Visit Cosñirhua and Malata (2600m) its church of mixed racial ancestry, sights of the local landscape, very old terraces, snow-capped summits, varieties of flora and fauna...
At 1pm descend again to the Colca River and arrival to Sangalle valley - Oasis (2100m) and accommodation in the cabins or camping, relax at the swimming pool, lunch and exploration to the abandoned mines, waterfalls and fish for trout in the Colca river...
At 6pm dine and rest in the bamboo rooms or camping. Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner and Family Lodge or Camping.
Day 3: Cabanaconce – Chivay - Arequipa.- At 4 or 6am have breakfast and begin ascent of three hours to the left rim of the Colca Canyon, to Cabanaconde. We walk up 1100m this is the last hard and steep trail of this excursion...
At 8 or 11am travel by bus for 30 minutes to the Condor's Cross lookout, viewing many small towns all around the Colca Valley, located in the high part of this canyon. Optional visit to the Hot Springs - Thermal swimming pools in Chivay, 3600m of altitude...
At 12pm have lunch in Chivay and travel back four hours to Arequipa. End of our trip. Breakfast + Lunch.
Our 3 Days Hike Includes:
- Official English-Speaking Guide
- Transfer from hotel - bus station - hotel
- Round trip public bus tickets - The journey includes stops along the way
- All meals according the program
- Camping gear as 4 season tents and mattresses (Sleeping bag is not include)
- Shared bath and cold shower facilities
- Tourist ticket of 70 soles or $30 US Dollars per person (Obligatory). This is the unique entrance to the Colca national park even if you don't stop at "Mirador Cruz Del Condor" (take care not many tour operators don't includes this tourist ticket), the entrance is valid to visit all the canyon but not valid for hot springs along the canyon
- Water supply (boiled) every day before breakfast and after each dinner
- Food and lodging for our camp staff
- First aid kit for all participants and our camp staff
NOTE: If we get more than 7 participants for this BACKPACKER SERVICE at the same day South Adventure Peru Tours will provide round trip PRIVATE TRANSPORT between Arequipa - Cabanaconde - Arequipa instead public bus. We will notify you a day before depart (meeting da in our office)..
If this is possible the depart and return to Arequipa will be more flexible and you will get more time to enjoy other places in the colca valley.
It does not Included:
- Breakfast on the first day
- Sleeping bag (Backpacker and group service only)
- Persona horse to ride can be hired for $45 USD per day (Backpacker service )
- Phone calls
- Flight, bus and train tickets reservations
- Tips for guide and camp staff
- $4 USD entrance for hot spring LA CALERA in Chivay (last day)
We recommend to Bring:
- Small backpack (45lt)
- Rain jacket or poncho, (just in the rain season Dec - April)
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Bottle of water
- Flashlight and batteries
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (you can swim in the hot springs - Chivay)