1 Day Island tour of Uros and Taquile :Visit the Ancient Colla Civilization - Full Day guided trip
Price per person : U$40.00 including a traditional lunch at Taquile.
Itinerary of 1 Day Island tour in Puno
At 7am you will be picked up from your hotel. Travel and after 2 hours by motor boat and then you will arrive at the Uros Island. Fishermen and hunters inhabit the floating islands of the Uros. The residents of the Uros use the cattail, a type of rush, which grows in the lake, to create the conditions that ensure the islands stay afloat. The dense roots that the plants develop support the island. The roofs are waterproof and the houses are extremely humid because of the surrounding water. At present they speak Quechua and Aymara.
Then we will visit the Taquile Island, including lunch in the co-operative restaurant, there is also a co-operative shop on the plaza that sells exceptional woollen goods which are not cheap but of very fine quality. Taquile Island is famous for its craft production, particularly for its beautiful textiles. The island is narrow only about 1 KM wide, but 6 to 7 KM long, on Taquile there are numerous pre-Inca and Inca ruins and Inca terracing.At 4 or 5pm you will return to Puno.
This tour Includes:
- Transfer from hotel to the port and aboard the speed boat
- Official English-Speaking guide
- Touristic motor boat (15 - 20 - 28 capacities)
- Safe jacket
- Entrance fees to Titicaca National Reserve
- Lunch at Taquile Island
- Tour price includes government sales tax (19% as known IGV)
This tour Includes:
- Breakfast on the first day
- Tips for guide and camp staff
Departure: Daily departures are available all year at 7am.
We recommend to Bring:
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Strong comfortable and waterproof footwear
- Sweater and jacket (something warm)
- Water bottle
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- You also need to bring your original passport on the tripl
- Optional: walking sticks or poles
- Extra Money for sourveniers