Bus tickets Cusco – Puno – Cusco "VIP SERVICE"
Packing list for Lares Trek - Inca Trail - Machu picchu
Lares Trek 2D/1N Cusco – Calca - Quishuarani - Huacawasi - Lares – Cusco..
Price Information per person : US$ 350 per person ( We need minimum 2 People )
Day01: Cusco – Quishuarani – Huacawasy 3800 masl Our private bus leaves from Cusco at 05.30 sharp for a scenic drive through the Sacred Valley, passing through Pisac and stopping for a brief toilet break and the chance to buy any last minute snacks, water, etc in Calca, one of the towns in the valley. Departing Calca around 06:45 we head off for the scenic drive to Quishuarani (3,700m /12,150 ft) which is the starting point for the trek. Along the way you will be able to observe small Andean communities, spectacular mountain landscapes, herds of llamas and alpacas plus Campesinos (people of the local villages) in colorful costumes as is traditional with all villages around Lares major district. A box breakfast will be served en route around 9am with arrival to Quishuarani before 10am, where we will meet our arriero horses, handlers and trek staff. We commence our beautiful trek through the Andes with a gentle climb from 3700m to 4200 masl where we will arrive at the lagoon named Queuña Cocha and can observe Mount Sawasiray (5400m) and Colque Cruz (5600m). There is then a short, steeper climb to our first pass, Hualcacasa (4400m) where Mount Veronica (5700m, a sacred Apu mountain in this Valley) can often be observed in the high mountains, after which we descend for about 1 hour to reach the highland village of Huacawasi ( 3,800 m/11,800ft)is an authentic Andean Communities living at high altitud , where we camp for the night. At Huacahuasi Typical house constructions of the Quechua communities Distance of walking aprox. 14Km. 8 to 9 Hours.Breakfast ,Lunch, Dinner.
Day02: Wakawasi – Lares –Cusco. After our 6.30am breakfast we leave Wacawasy and will gradually descend for approx 3 hours until the Hot Springs in Lares. Here we take a delicious dip at a hot springs in the meadows outside of town and then enjoy a picnic lunch. Then we begin a leisurely half-day hike up the valley of the rushing Trapiche River, before reaching the highland village of Huacahuasi .Lares is way off the beaten track and has hardly changed since Inca times. Hidden within the magnificent snow capped Andes is a part of Peru where you have all the appeal of the Inca Trail like magical mountain scenery and the legacy of the Incas but without the tourist crowds. An exceptional alternative to the extremely busy Inca Trail, the Lares Valley is so far off the beaten track that it has changed little over the last 500 years. With original Inca trails, spectacular and diverse scenery (even more so than the main Inca Trail) and the promise of a glimpse of life the way it used to be in Peru, it is amazing that the area has remained untouched by tourism. Yet somehow, it has slipped from view and retains an authenticity like no where else in Peru. Travel here and you will meet Andean farmers dressed in traditional brightly coloured ponchos, wander markets trading as they have done for centuries, see thatched stone and adobe houses and watch herds of llamas and alpacas roam free. The Lares Valley is particularly well know for its very high-quality, brightly coloured weavings and characteristic upturned hats, many of the popular tourist markets being supplied from here. There are several variations on this trek which you can do according to how much time you have available. Even in the dry season be prepared fro bad weather. Although in this area always people not far away, they often don't speak Spanish. If you want to take mules or porters and a guide you will probably have to organise it through one of the agencies in Cusco.
The trek itself is rated moderate, similar to the Inca Trail. There are, however, One pass over 4000m so it is essential that you are well acclimatized to the altitude. If arriving from sea level then plan on spending at least 2 days in Cusco and the surroundings before undertaking the trek. Welcome to the Lares Trek through the Sacred Valley a stunning trip designed to avoid the crowds found on the traditional Inca Trail, with ample opportunities for viewing wildlife, meeting locals, and immersing yourself in ancient surroundings.
At 6:00pm after explorer the beautiful billage of Lares we will cath our prívate transportation to return to Calca then Cusco arrives around 9:30 pm and transfer to your Hotel.
Our service includes:
- Pick up from your Hotel at 5:30 AM.
- Private Transportation Cusco-Quishuarani –Lares-Cusco
- Double tents
- Sleeping mats
- All food included ( vegetarian optional)
- Entrance fee to the Hot springs
- English speaking guide
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- First aid kit including emergency oxigen tank
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent
- Horse to transport tent,food.cooking equipment
- Horsemen to assist the transportation
- Hot wáter every morning and evening for washing purposes
- Boiled wáter to fill in your wáter bottle every morning
- Personal porter ( 9 Kilos US$ 25 /18 Kilos US$ 50 )
- Dinner on the last day in Lares.
- Emergency snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Tips for your crew guides cooks, horse herders US$20-25 approx Backpack & Daypack./Sleeping bags (Down sleeping US$ 10 can be rented at the office )
- Hiking boots ( sneakers or running shoes are not recommended)
We recommend you to bring:
- Trekking poles
- Warm Clothes layers for variable temperatures especially at night
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Camera & Extra Film & Batteries
- Sun Protection : Hat, Sunscreen, Sunglasses
- Thermals, Wool Socks & Woolen Hat for cold nights
- Gloves, Scarf
- Insect Repellent
- Rain Poncho
- Good rain jacket
- Toiletries, Toilet paper, small towel
- Bathing clothes for the hot springs
- Trekking Pants or similar
- Water bottle, Water purification tablets
- Personal medical kit
- Extra money for souvenirs, drinks & tips to your staff
Optional : Little presents for kids of Communities along the trail such as school supplies, second hand clothes, toys